WHO WE ARE
The Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) advances child health through innovation in the quality, cost and delivery of care. Representing 220 members, CHA is the voice of children’s hospitals nationally. Children’s hospitals are essential providers, setting the standard for the highest quality pediatric care while training the next generation of pediatricians. With its members, CHA champions policies that enable children’s hospitals to better serve children; leverages its position as the pediatric leader in data analytics to facilitate national collaborative and research efforts to improve performance; and spreads best practices to benefit the nation’s children. CHA has offices in Lenexa, KS, and Washington, DC.
The Coordinator staffs two to five CHA quality improvement (QI) programs as part of a program team. Each QI program includes as many as 75 hospitals and 200 - 2,000 hospital staff participants, multiple monthly participant events, monthly data submission, and ongoing high volume of member interactions. Responsible for member (customer) support for participants in QI programs; supporting member leadership; supporting participant virtual activities; project management of QI program operations; program content and information management; and supporting planning, execution, and follow up for QI program workshops. This role requires excellent organizational and time management skills, frequent member and VIP contact, excellent communication skills, collaboration with other business units, fluency with multiple technology systems and productivity tools, and working with a geographically distributed team.
- Primary point of contact for member participants from hospital teams in QI programs. Addresses program questions, and level 1 technical support for data systems and web site tools.
- Orients new participant teams and new team members to program requirements and activities. Ensures that all start-up requirements are met by team, including data agreements, IRB, team role assignments, access to secure data sets, physician maintenance of certification, and web site registration.
- Manages participant registration process for QI program workshops. Communicates workshop logistics to members; tracks registration progress; promotes workshop participation.
- Maintains participant data in central corporate database, which controls access to CHA member activities and restricted web content.
- Project management for the CHA staff teams running QI program operations. Tracks timelines, tasks, deliverables for the team. Provides weekly status report to staff team and facilitates weekly status meetings.
- Distributes program reports and communications to member participants via web collaboration sites. Updates and maintains site content.
- Point of contact for external data vendors and manages participant access to data systems.
- Manages program libraries of QI program publications, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Administers the physician maintenance of certification (MOC) processes of the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) on behalf of participating members to ensure they receive MOC credit from qualified program activities. Ensures each team has required physician oversight. Receives and logs MOC attestations for credit in secure MOC system. Conveys MOC rules changes to participants. Assists physicians with MOC questions and problems. Prepares required status report to ABP.
- Coordinates continuing education process on behalf of participants. Creates and tracks required documentation. Logs participant activities. Distribute CE credits. Works with CHA continuing education leader.
- Supports Network Development staff with participant recruiting and annual renewal activities by maintaining distribution lists and preparing mail merges. Uses corporate database for information management and reporting.
MEETING AND WORKSHOPS
- Schedules 5+ web-based meetings and program activities monthly for each QI program. Responsible for technical set up and control-room management of WebEx sessions. Promotes event registration and manages registration data. A web event can include 500+ participants.
- Collaborates with Event Services team on off-site workshops held twice a year for each QI program. Schedules workshop, supplies details to Event Services, tracks contracting and logistics, prepares registration system, monitors hotel quotas, and serves as on-site contact at workshop.
- Manages agendas, presentations, and meeting documents for all QI program meetings and workshops. Responsible for meeting notes, summaries, and follow up tasks.
- Coordinates presenters and their materials for meetings and workshops.
- Supports QI program faculty/member leaders with travel arrangements and expense reporting.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
Experience and Special Skills:
- Minimum of five years of experience working as a team member on complex projects or programs required. Experience in a trade association or health care industry preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience with primary responsibility for monitoring team tasks and deliverables.
- Customer service or relationship management experience required.
- Demonstrated success as a collaborator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated mid-level competency with multiple software and web productivity tools is required, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with information/data management and reporting required.
- Experience with enterprise contact management systems or sales management systems desirable.
- Experience using advanced features of virtual event systems desirable (e.g. WebEx).
- Experience working with a distributed workforce preferred.
Licenses / Certifications
- Extensive periods of sitting and keyboard/computer work
- Communicates in person and over the phone
- May on occasion be required to lift packages up to 25 lbs.
- Travel: Up to 10%
- General office environment
- Regular and predictable attendance