The Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) advances child health through innovation in the quality, cost and delivery of care. Representing 220 members, CHA is the voice of children’s hospitals nationally. Children’s hospitals are essential providers, setting the standard for the highest quality pediatric care while training the next generation of pediatricians. With its members, CHA champions policies that enable children’s hospitals to better serve children; leverages its position as the pediatric leader in data analytics to facilitate national collaborative and research efforts to improve performance; and spreads best practices to benefit the nation’s children. CHA has offices in Lenexa, KS, and Washington, DC.
This position supports the Association’s general education conferences, forum and webinar series administering and implementing marketing plans, committee communications, presenter oversight and the onsite fulfillment of educational events. This position implements all work plans and timelines, maximizing advanced planning and coordination ensuring quality and consistency standards are met across all educational platforms.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Program Execution: Forums and Conferences
- Based on annual themes and curriculum priorities creates meeting materials, meeting timelines, assists presenters, session facilitators and reviews presentations and proposals, as applicable to the program
- With manager oversight, produces (initiates, develops, coordinates and edits) key conference and forum communications:
- Conference Learning Guides and meeting agendas
- Conference Brochures/Flyers/Postcards
- Conference Promotional Emails, Conference Presenter Service Center Development
- Presenter/speaker notifications that includes written communication of acceptance/decline, session date/time, honorarium, speaker fee/travel re-imbursements
- Session facilitator guideline development, notifications, selections, assignments, etc.
- Supports the call for proposals abstract processes (conference only)
- Coordinates, writes and post information for web and testing the online system. Works in partnership with Coordinator, Education to update and test online system.
- Coordinates the fulfillment (development, editing and delivery) of marketing plans:
- Conferences: including email marketing, Web marketing, brochure development and learning guides in partnership with communications and outside vendors (printers, etc.)
- Forums: registration emails
- Administers communication to advisory committees:
- Email notifications with key information covering proposal links, on-line review system training, preparing proposals for review, reports, and participation in proposal selection discussions
- Schedule conference calls and webinars
- Assists internal stakeholders to deliver Association work and outcomes before, during and after educational programs including participating in staff conference orientations and training.
- Provides on-site support of programs and events, as needed.
- Partners with Event Services staff. Provides necessary program information for logistical arrangements including onsite signage, list of speakers/members who received paid travel, registration committee lists and shipping
- Contributes to the conference session and forum program evaluation process and participates in post-conference analysis with staff and planning committees.
- Managing and developing annual webinar series
Program Strategy Implementation
- Collaborates with program managers to implement creative solutions to carry out Association education curriculum, ensuring that consistent standards are met across all educational platforms while contributing ideas and suggestions.
- Participates in departmental planning meetings and offers ideas to help meet member needs.
- Communicates educational strategy to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with the implementation of strategic goals and priorities and measures of success that promote the strategic objectives of the Association.
- Investigate and create efficiencies of workflows, processes, templates, etc.
- Manage project timelines, communications, document editing, etc.
- Drive website content delivery, manage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and survey tools.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Associates Degree in business administration/marketing or equivalent work experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/marketing preferred
Experience and Special Skills:
- Experience executing mid-to large sized meetings/conferences
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Ability to work with a diverse resource base/interact with individuals at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (please provide work samples)
- Ability to prepare and present information in varied mediums
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to learn new industry-specific terminology and technology quickly
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of personal computers including Microsoft Word, WebEx, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Internet knowledge
- Knowledge of the health care industry
- Understanding of clinical terms, health care products and services
- Extensive periods of sitting and keyboard/computer work
- Communicates in person and over the phone
- May on occasion be required to lift packages up to 25 lbs.
- Travel: Up to 20%
- General office environment
- Regular and predictable attendance