WHO WE ARE
The Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) advances child health through innovation in the quality, cost and delivery of care. Representing 220 members, CHA is the voice of children’s hospitals nationally. Children’s hospitals are essential providers, setting the standard for the highest quality pediatric care while training the next generation of pediatricians. With its members, CHA champions policies that enable children’s hospitals to better serve children; leverages its position as the pediatric leader in data analytics to facilitate national collaborative and research efforts to improve performance; and spreads best practices to benefit the nation’s children. CHA has offices in Washington, D.C., and Lenexa, Kansas.
Become part of our marketing and communications team this summer and get the professional experience you need to highlight on your resume and showcase in your portfolio. We are looking for candidates who are interested in developing skills in all areas of marketing planning and project implementation. Join our circle of strategists, writers and designers as we take ideas through our marketing and creative methodologies and truly learn how the work gets done.
The range of possible duties includes:
- Supporting marketing strategy for various projects by writing project plans and creative briefs.
- Analyzing audiences using a customer relationship management (CRM) tool and building customer profiles.
- Creating content for various communication channels that exercise different writing styles from social media to the web.
- Developing and analyzing project metrics to determine the success of the project and if goals and objectives have been met.
- Auditing, identifying and capturing best practices to document processes that work well or have opportunity for improvement.
- Develop a marketing plan for documenting your internship experience that could be shared in future intern recruitment efforts.
- The summer internship is a 12-week, full-time (40 hours/week) placement; compensated at $15 per hour
- CHA will work with the intern and the respective educational institution to ensure appropriate administration of the internship and academic requirements
- The internship is based in CHA’s Lenexa, Kansas office
Candidates must be currently enrolled in a collegiate or graduate course of study, preferably in business marketing, communications or journalism, and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. If an undergraduate student, the candidate must have completed at least the sophomore year. Candidates with the following skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
Strong interest in the marketing and communications process from strategy development to analyzing metrics of success.
Strong writing and analytic skills; ability to work in a team setting.
Creative, inquisitive, desire to learn and make mistakes.
For more information about the Association, visit us at www.childrenshospitals.org
Children’s Hospital Association is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer