CHA advances child health through innovation in the quality, cost, and delivery of care. Representing 220 members, CHA is the voice of our member hospitals nationally. These hospitals are essential providers, setting the standard for the highest quality pediatric care while training the next generation of pediatricians. With its members, CHA champions policies that enable pediatric hospitals to better serve children; leverages its position as the pediatric leader in data analytics to facilitate national collaborative and research efforts to improve performance; and spreads best practices to benefit the children of our nation. CHA has offices in Lenexa, KS, and Washington, DC.
CHA’s full-time summer internship will provide an excellent professional experience for a student with a strong interest in analytics and its application to public policies affecting child health and children’s hospitals. The intern will work with one primary team- Analytics—and take on a wide range of substantive work within the department to support policy initiatives and broader association analytics priorities. The range of possible duties includes:
- Researching child health policy issues to support CHA legislative and regulatory efforts
- Performing analyses critical to association policy initiatives
- Assisting the facilitation of child health research networking group
- Attending congressional and external organization’s briefings, hearings, and coalition meetings, as appropriate
- Supporting CHA fly-ins and conference preparation, including the 2020 Speak Now for Kids Family Advocacy Day
- The summer internship is a 12-week, full-time (40 hours/week) placement
- CHA will work with the intern and the respective educational institution to ensure appropriate administration of the internship and academic requirements
- Rate of pay will be $15 per hour
- The internship will be located in the CHA Washington, DC office; relocation, housing, mileage, etc., are not offered
For more information about the Association, visit us at www.childrenshospitals.org
Children’s Hospital Association is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.