This position is based in our Lenexa, KS office. Our
employees work 3 days per week in the office and may work
remotely the remaining 2 days (Hybrid).
Cover Letter Required with Application
WHO WE ARE
CHA advances child health through innovation in the quality, cost,
and delivery of care. Representing 220 members, CHA is the voice of
our member hospitals nationally. These hospitals are essential
providers, setting the standard for the highest quality pediatric care
while training the next generation of pediatricians. With its members,
CHA champions policies that enable pediatric hospitals to better serve
children; leverages its position as the pediatric leader in data
analytics to facilitate national collaborative and research efforts to
improve performance; and spreads best practices to benefit the
children of our nation. CHA has offices in Lenexa, KS, and Washington, DC.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) is committed to advancing
diversity, equity, and inclusion, working along four key fronts:
- Within the CHA organization
- Within the CHA children’s hospital membership
- Within children’s hospitals and their communities via care delivery
- Within the policymaking environment in Washington, DC
With children’s hospitals we strive to ensure organizational cultures
where everyone feels valued and actively participates in the mission
of our organizations. Racism stands firmly in the way of improving
children’s health. We remain vigilant in our quest for a diverse and
inclusive community and in standing against racism and discrimination
wherever it exists.
Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) is committed to the health and
safety of our employees, vendors, and those we work with at and in
support of our nation’s children’s hospitals. CHA requires all new
hires, regardless of position or location, to be fully vaccinated. All
new hires must have received two Pfizer or Moderna vaccinations or one
Johnson & Johnson vaccination, in addition to completion of a
two-week period after the final vaccination, prior to the first day of
employment at CHA.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Clearly and accurately presents meaningful and actionable improvement
opportunities to internal and external audiences of the Child Health
Patient Safety Organization (PSO), while preserving privilege and
confidentiality protections. Works with PSO volunteer experts and data
systems to support patient safety activities and deliverables using
patient safety work product. This position will support the Director
on special projects to build knowledge and action to improve safety in
- Collaborates with safety team and other safety leaders for
expertise on theme detection, deliverable development, and program support.
- Understands requirements to preserve privilege and confidentiality
of patient safety work product (PSWP) and promotes this
understanding with others as appropriate.
- Researches internal and external resources, leveraging expertise
within children’s hospitals, for topic-specific standards,
professional guidelines, and best practices to be used for providing
feedback to members, supporting projects, designing patient safety
tools, writing various materials, and updating team and member
safety standards and knowledge.
- Develops survey and interview questions to supplement research findings.
- Prepares and creates patient safety written reports,
documentations, PowerPoint presentations and training materials for
conference calls, webinars and meetings. Supports audience-specific
presentations, papers and posters that share PSO findings and
learning opportunities in collaboration with patient safety team.
- Participates in preparation of reports for PSO members and patient
safety team presenting PSO shared learning.
- Documents meeting discussions so patient safety findings are
clearly identified and loops on action items are closed.
- Completes special PSO safety projects as assigned, including
surveys, interviews, research, analysis, synthesis of findings and
calls to action
DATA COLLECTION, ANALYSIS AND DELIVERY
- Works with the team and stakeholders to understand, develop and
implement a data and analytic strategy to support PSO patient safety activities.
- Identifies and prioritizes process improvement opportunities for
efficient access to and effective use of patient safety data
- Maintains core competency in the data systems and works with the
team and other stakeholders to implement process improvements and
maintain the data system
- Develops content from patient safety data to support program’s
patient safety activities
- Creates visualizations that clearly and accurately identify
meaningful and actionable opportunities
- Provides reports to internal and external stakeholders, including
hospital executives, on key opportunities for children’s hospitals
to improve patient safety.
- Consults individually with PSO members for opportunities to
improve data and documents submitted that impact analyses.
- Collaborates with PSO staff to meet member needs in a responsive
and efficient manner.
- Develop a network of hospital and internal (quality, forums,
pediatric learning) relationships in core competency
- Stay knowledgeable of industry studies that can be replicated
using existing data resources to benefit children’s hospitals
MANAGERIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fosters a collaborative work spirit across the organization by
facilitating problem solving and collaboration
- Works with colleagues across the organization to realize CHA vision
- Takes initiative to own, coordinate and lead projects and tasks
with the team to achieve results; informally leading by example and influence
- Consistently communicates organizational objectives, initiatives,
and issues to both internal and external audiences
- Identifies and implements systems to streamline and gain
efficiencies in work processes
- Participates in departmental planning and offers ideas to help
meet children’s hospitals’ needs
- Supports and executes office procedures and protocols in
accordance with organizational policies
- Serves as project lead by coordinating team tasks on project plans
and ensuring timelines are met