This position is based in our Lenexa, KS office. Our
employees work 3 days per week in the office and may work
remotely the remaining 2 days (Hybrid).
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) is committed to advancing
diversity, equity, and inclusion, working along four key fronts:
- Within the CHA organization
- Within the CHA children’s hospital membership
- Within children’s hospitals and their communities via care delivery
- Within the policymaking environment in Washington, DC
With children’s hospitals we strive to ensure organizational cultures
where everyone feels valued and actively participates in the mission
of our organizations. Racism stands firmly in the way of improving
children’s health. We remain vigilant in our quest for a diverse and
inclusive community and in standing against racism and discrimination
wherever it exists.
Children’s Hospital Association (CHA) is committed to the health and
safety of our employees, vendors, and those we work with at and in
support of our nation’s children’s hospitals. CHA requires all new
hires, regardless of position or location, to be fully vaccinated. All
new hires must have received two Pfizer or Moderna vaccinations or one
Johnson & Johnson vaccination, in addition to completion of a
two-week period after the final vaccination, prior to the first day of
employment at CHA.
WHO WE ARE
CHA advances child health through innovation in the quality, cost,
and delivery of care. Representing 220 members, CHA is the voice of
our member hospitals nationally. These hospitals are essential
providers, setting the standard for the highest quality pediatric care
while training the next generation of pediatricians. With its members,
CHA champions policies that enable pediatric hospitals to better serve
children; leverages its position as the pediatric leader in data
analytics to facilitate national collaborative and research efforts to
improve performance; and spreads best practices to benefit the
children of our nation. CHA has offices in Lenexa, KS, and Washington, DC.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Manages the publication of content to Children’s Hospital
Association’s (CHA) website. This includes writing copy or
coordinating and editing contributions from colleagues. Maintains a
bird’s eye view of content across the website and is responsible for
helping to strategically improve the accuracy, timeliness,
organization, and clarity of web content. As the site’s content
champion, this role will play an integral part in creating and
maintaining content and communicating across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Website Writing, Editing and Content Development
- Plan and manage the publication of website content to align with
organizational goals, strategies, and editorial calendar.
- Write and edit content for grammar, style, clarity and consistency
in a web content management system to ensure alignment with
standards, best practices and relevancy to users.
- Work with internal content creators to help their content meet
established standards and strategic goals.
- Manage the daily workflow of content for the website; track
content and identify opportunities and connections to other channels
- Ensure overall cohesiveness, quality, flow and organization of
- Participate and lead website planning and content governance groups.
- Plan and facilitate content audits and content updates.
- Develop and follow editorial procedures and style guidelines and
promote consistency during the publishing process.
- Review and leverage metrics to inform data-based decisions about content.
- Support staff training about web writing and best practices.
Supports Marketing and Communications Processes and Strategy
- Measure engagement and report on key success metrics for projects
- Meet business needs in a responsive and efficient manner; foster a
collaborative work spirit across the team and organization.
- Participate as part of a creative team, constantly evaluating and
trialing new tools or strategies to capture audience attention and
- Support the needs of other marketing and communications projects
and team members as assigned.
- Adhere to Associated Press and CHA style guidelines and look for
creative and collaborative ways to educate staff on these standards
- Lead and/or participate in communications and marketing projects
as needed, helping to appropriately scope, manage tasks and
resources and deliver project to completion to meet objectives
- Participate in planning using Wrike (or similar) project planning
tool; use project management principles and applications to create
project plans and meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with team to develop, use and monitor templates and
processes to drive efficiency and quality.